Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1st pick



Hester Browne wrote a series of books that I LOVED called, The Little Lady Agency. There are 3 books in this series and I just found them to be so fun, funny and very entertaining. If you want to read some great books pick them up! They reminded me a little of Bridget Jones Diary.

I was really excited to hear that Hester was writing a new book. This one sounds completely different then The Little Lady Agency series, but equally compelling. Here is a little bit of what the story is about:

Twenty-seven years ago, an infant turned up on the Academy's doorstep, with a note tacked to her blanket by an elegant golden brooch -- Please take care of my baby. I want her to grow up to be a proper lady. Loved by Lady Frances Phillimore and her kindhearted staff, Betsy grew up aspiring to be an Academy girl. But when Franny and her husband, Lord Phillimore, advise Betsy to instead hone her considerable math skills at college, she brokenheartedly leaves behind the only family she's known.

Hopefully this book will fit my mood of light and funny and a book that I will want to read again and again.

No comments: