Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Rest of Her Live - Review


Overall I liked the book "The Rest of Her Life" by Moriarty. I think that the book started off a lot better than it ended ... even though I liked the ending. I think that the book was a lot like a Jodi Picoult book in that it took an interesting situation (in this a teenage girl accidentally hits and kills a girl with her SUV) and shows all views of it from the people surrounding the event.

I almost preferred the secondary storyline about the mothers life growing up. I think that was a little more interesting and gave us insight to her character.

I just kept expecting this book to "grab" me like it did in the first few chapters, and it never really did that. Did I enjoy it? I did. Would I read it again? Probably not. But I'm glad I read it. It made me think - and not all books do that.

2 comments:

Darci said...

I felt the same way you did Erin. I kept wanting it to grab me like Jodi's books, but it really didn't. I could put it down and that is not a good sign for me. I am glad that I read it though.

pitbull said...

I didn't mind the book - it wasn't my favorite - but I really didn't like the ending. It just felt so unfinished to me. But I wouldn't read it again, nor would I recommend it to some of my friends. I thought the mother's life story was interesting, but I hated that the mothers and daughters didn't get along. I know, I know, that's life. But I still hated that portion of the book. I would hope that my mother-daughter relationships were better than that.