Sunday, September 28, 2008

October 1st Pick



I thought it was time to read a mystery. It also helps that it is the month for scariness, Halloween is here. I wanted a change of pace, to read a book that is not usually on a book club list. I had no idea what writer to choose from and wanted to try someone new, so I asked around at the used book store that I go to and this was the majority choice. One Shot is a Jack Reacher novel and I was told that you do not need to read them in order, they all stand alone. I chose this one and from the synopsis it sounds really good:

One heartland city thrown into a state of terror. But within hours the cops have it solved: a slam-dunk case. Except for one thing. The accused man says: You got the wrong guy. Then he says: Get Reacher for me.

Sounds good. Anyone else want to read this mystery with us??

3 comments:

pitbull said...

I love the Jack Reacher novels and have read several of them. However, this isn't one I've read. Count me in...

The Clevelands said...

I Love mysteries! I want to read with you!

Darci said...

Wendy, thanks for joining us. Can;t wait. I own the book if you need to borrow it let me know.