Thursday, September 18, 2008

September 15th Pick + From Page to Screen



This book is Erin's pick for the month, but I am writing about it since she is swamped with sewing her Superhero Capes. I know she picked this book because she had seen it around and heard people talking about it. The story is about every woman's fear: what would happen if you lost your child and she grew up without you? We will have to find out.

From the Page to the Screen:

It seems like alot of the books were have or are reading is being made into a movie and this month's pick is no exception. Lifetime made this movie and aired it in April of this year and I have tried to find when it will be re-airing but I have not been able to find out. I have Netflix and found out you can rent the movie, and it comes out on DVD on October 7th. It stars Dermot Mulroney ("The Wedding Date"), Gretchen Mol ("3:10 to Yuma") and two-time Oscar nominee Emily Watson.

5 comments:

RETTJ16 said...

Ohhh looks like another one i will have to go buy!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't like it at all. It's good and definitely worth the read, but possibly one of the most depressing books ever.

Kelly

SteveB said...

I just read this a couple of months ago -- it was a quick read. I liked the prose and will be curious about what you think of it overall.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I had a feeling that it was going to be really depressing ... which is not good because I am so not in the mood for depressing. I will try to read it though!

Kami said...

I read this book last year and it was good, but definitely very depressing. It's just not uplifting. It is well written and definitely kept me interested though!