Monday, August 3, 2009

August Pick

Darci and I have been talking and we decided that at least through the end of the year we're going to start doing 1 book pick a month instead of our normal 2. We both are HUGE readers and both sometimes read more than 2 books a month ... but with both of us being pregnant & being so busy in both of our lives we're going to cut down the book that we read for this blog to just 1 a month. We hope that you continue to read along with us! We've got some good picks coming soon .... including the sequel to the great book Hunger Games!!!



For August I picked out "Domestic Affairs" by Eileen Goudge. My mom always gives me big stacks of books, mostly crime or mystery, which I really haven't been in the mood for lately, but I spotted this romance/drama/betrayal book and it looked pretty good. I know nothing of the author but apparently she has written other books too. I'm a few chapters in so far and it's a pretty easy read - and a pretty good story so far. Nice and no-thinking reading for me - exactly what I need when I'm 3 weeks away from having this baby!

I hope you'll read along with us ..... especially now that you have a whole month long to get the book and read it. Book review coming at the end of the month ....

1 comment:

Darci said...

I started it today!