Friday, August 15, 2008

August 15th Pick



So I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles to find out what the August 15th book pick is ... I know, I know, I've been busy. Luckily now I'm all settled in at Darci's house in California and this is literally the first chance I've had in a week to get online and update this blog with my pick.

I didn't really have a book in mind to pick, but Darci had this one on her shelf and it looks good. I've actually started reading it already and I really like it so far ... it's The Rest of her Life by Laura Moriarty. It's about a mother and daughter relationship and how a chance accident both strains and builds their relationship.

It's endorsed by Jodi Picoult, who we both really like, so I'm hoping this book is as good as Jodi's good books are. Who's going to read it with us?

2 comments:

Darci said...

Can't wait to read this one, it has garnered lots of good reviews and I like that Jodi reviewed it too.

pitbull said...

I picked this book up, cheap, yesterday; it was on sale at Smiths. I haven't started it yet, but plan on starting after I'm finished with "Change of Heart". I'll let you know.....