Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15th pick


Since Darci and I have been on a little quilting frenzy lately (see here and here and here and here) I kind of had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to pick a quilting/crafting type fiction novel for this months pick. I wasn't sure how big of a genre that was ... after all how many quilting/knitting/crafting novels could there really be? So I was so excited when I saw the book "The Fortune Quilt" on a little end cap at the library. The word "quilt" and the cute little illustration on the cover just jumped out at me so I checked it out wanting to bring it home and do a little more research on it. Turns out, it's supposedly a pretty good book. It seems a little "lighter" than what we've been reading (since I'm still plodding through The Gargoyle) but that's exactly what I'm in the mood for. So, I'm not going to post any plot points or online reviews - just go pick it up, tell us you're going to read along with us, and enjoy the no-brainer novel!

2 comments:

C♥ said...

very excited.

Darci said...

Ordering from the library now. Sounds fun.

P.S. I will get up the book review of Bees soon, but like Erin said we have been busy with the quilting.