Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 1st pick


I choose The Secret Life Of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd book because it sounded like a good story. I have always thought the 1960's were an interesting time in our history. "The search for a mother, and the need to mother oneself, are crucial elements in this well-written coming-of-age story set in the early 1960s against a background of racial violence and unrest."






After I choose it and put it up on the blog I saw previews for the movie. I had heard nothing about it. Hopefully alot of you will read the book along with us before you go and see the movie.



I am still reading the Gargoyle, it is a "heavy" book so hopefully I will finish it soon so that I can start this book.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I loved this book. I hope you enjoy it! Poor Jennifer Hudson is in the movie version. I'll probably just rent it when it comes out.

C♥ said...

hi there!

have read this book. my first time to the site, i'd love to read along with you guys :o)

Abby said...

I just started to read it too I am so excited that you guys are reading it too...granted I will never finish it as fast as you but it is what it is!!

Darci said...

Abby, welcome! Can't wait to see what you think to. My SIL Kami is also reading with us.

RETTJ16 said...

This one looks good! Hey, i just finished "The memory keepers daughter" when are you guys going to do a review on it...i can't wait to talk about it!!!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

So cool that a lot of people are reading this book with us this time around! And thanks for the reminder, Jill, I need to get up the review for Memory Keeper's. It's on my list! :)