Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Screwtape what?

I belong to a great book club in my neighborhood and this was the book picked for this month. I had heard of C.S. Lewis before (Chronicles of Narnia and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe) but I hadn't heard of the book The Screwtape Letters. It was funny right after I found out that this was the book for this month I saw the book sitting on my brother in law's shelf and so I was able to borrow it from him.

So I TRIED to read it. I don't know, maybe just that it's summer and I'm in the mood for something a little lighter and less dramatic. But I could just NOT get into it.I was a little worried when I went to Annie's house for the book club meeting, since I hadn't finished the book - but I was so glad to find out that only ONE girl out of about 8 had read it until the end! It was so funny, we all just kept saying "nope, me either".

I can't even say that it's a book that I'll try to pick up and read again in the future. It just doesn't even interest me. Sorry, I don't even want to research to put a little bit of info about it on here. If you want, you can read what my book clubs website wrote about it here. I'd just recommend to stay away. Unless you like that kind of stuff. What kind of stuff that is, I really can't say I read far enough to find out!

1 comment:

Darci said...

LOL. I don't know if I would have even tried it, that cover is SCARY!!! I think it would give me nightmares to just have it in my house.