Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On The Side

This was the first book that I have read from James Patterson, and I really enjoyed reading it. It is an easy read and the characters are well developed and likable. It is about a little girl who has an imaginary friend that has to leave her when she turns 9 years old. Micheal, the imaginary friend, tells her that she will forget about him it is just how it works, but she doesn't. They met again and she finds out that he wasn't imaginary, he is real. It is a cute little love story that has a happy ending. I would totally recommend this book if you need a good little love story.


This is a book for all of those out there that LOVE Pride and Prejudice. Janet Aylmer does a really good job of showing the side of Mr. Darcy that we all wanted to read about. It has everything that you love about Jane Austen with bits added so that we can get to know Mr. Darcy. What was he thinking and doing??? I really enjoyed reading this book, it brought home all the things that I loved about Pride and Prejudice. For those that love Pride and Prejudice this is a book for you.

I know, another Jodi Picoult book?!? I needed to read another one to get the disaster that was "Perfect Match" out of my system and I am happy to say that this one is a keeper. It is a great story about kidnapping and all the dynamics that happens in the family. If you want a good book to read that approaches an interesting topic, this is the one.

4 comments:

RETTJ16 said...

I love James Patterson...and thought that this book was pretty good! Some of his other ones i think were better...but a for sure reader!!
JILL

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Vanishing Acts is on my looooooooong list of requested library books! :)

Darci said...

Jill,
What ones did you like better.

Erin,
You will really like it.

pitbull said...

I've read most of the Patterson books, and have like them all; some better than others, of course. but I haven't read this one. I'm anxious to start it-it sounds good.