Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Almost Time!

If you've been watching our little counter over there on the sidebar ... you'll see that there is a little over 3 days until the release of Breaking Dawn, the last installment of the Bella and Edward story in the Twilight books. I am so excited for this book to come out!

I remember back when I was reading the first three books, and I finished Eclipse, I thought that August 2nd would take FOREVER to get here. But now it is almost here! I can't wait!

I haven't read the preview chapter that was in some of the editions of Eclipse - so I have no idea what is coming for the fourth book. Have any of you read that preview chapter or any of the snippets that have been on the internet?

How is everyone getting their copies of the book? I almost bought it last week from Amazon.com because they had a really good price, and I've heard that with books sometimes you get them a day or two before the release date, because they are guaranteed to get to you ON the release day, but they play it safe and send it a little early. But I chickened out because it would be just my luck to have it go missing and then I'd have to go buy a copy anyways.

I am planning on going early Saturday morning to pick up my copy. I hope the hoards of women in Utah won't be too crazy and I can get a copy easily. That day we have an all day family reunion and I don't know how I'm going to manage going all day knowing that the book is sitting in the car! I think I may need to sneak in a few chapters here and there between talking to relatives and playing silly (I mean incredibly! fun! and! hilarious!) games with the family.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I just pre-ordered it from amazon on Monday. I did a Harry Potter pre-order from them once and it did arrive on the release date so here's to hoping! Fingers crossed!

Darci said...

Tell me about it!!!! I am going first thing to Walmart to buy it on Saturday and if that doesn't work I will drive all the way to Costco. Target won't have it from what I hear(like they didn't have The Host until much later). And no I have not read any snippets because I do not want to know anything about it until I can read it. I will have to take it to the Fair with us since we are going that day.

She better end up with Edward and not Jacob, sorry Jacob lovers, but I am a Edward lover!!

RETTJ16 said...

I also have not read anything about the book...and i am sooooo excited to get it and read it. But it will have to wait because i am re-reading all the books again! I already finished one and am on book 2. I want it to be fresh in my mind before i get the new book!:) I too hope she ends up with Edward! I really like Jacob but she is SO meant to be with Edward! I just hope they get it over with and just have sex already!!! Maybe them having sex will make Edward human??!:)

I ordered my book thru amazon about 3 months ago...so maybe i will get my book early?! :) I hope! Can't wait!! I have a feeling this is going to be one of those books we all finish in a day or two!!

pitbull said...

Erin: If you're going to have this book sitting out in your car tomorrow, you'll have to either hide your keys, or fight me for the front seat and the book. And FYI, the games really will be "incredibly fun and hilarious"...have your mom and aunt georgia every led you astray? :)

Mommason Hillary said...

Dressing in Drag and heading to Barnes and Noble where my reserved copy can be picked up by midnight - so by the time you all wake up - I'll have bite marks in my neck and I'll be making out with Jacob....good times. I've read the first 3 books in the past 3 weeks - so don't come over to my house the dishes and laundry are stacked to the rafters - where the bats are.... Have fun reading - you won't need a bookmark for this one!

Mommason Hillary said...

PS - the guy at B & N who put my book on reserve for me looked exactly like Edward and when I said that he looked at me and said - "Shut Up - I'm so sick of hearing that" I said, "Don't worry I can read your mind and I know that you love it" He was not amused. I offered a cow from my 10 cow stash so his eyes would turn liquid gold - but he was yet again...not amused. Probably has a lot of paper cuts....

pitbull said...

Nic...Glad to hear that my house isn't the only house "stacked to the rafters" with dishes and laundry. Perhaps I could borrow your book when you're finished? What's a little more drool between friends? e

Mommason Hillary said...

Ulane - boogers and all - it's your's for the readin!